"We are here on this planet only once and might as well get a feel for the place." -Annie Dillard

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Italy!

Sitting here in the laundry room of Hostel Archi Rossi in Florence, where there is a plug for the computer, blissing out with digestive biscuits after just finishing taking a shower in the complete dark! Got in and then the automatic light turned off. I tried waving my hands around to no avail, so instead of getting the floor all wet I just took the shower in the dark! I can now add that to the list, along with riding in the back of the mail car, of unexpected things I have done!

The past few days have been full of adventure, new friends, exploring things I had no idea I would do, hiking a beautiful coast, and seeing a city full of marvels that I can barely wrap my head around. I'll keep you waiting in suspense about Florence, and instead backtrack to Wednesday, when I arrived in Torino (Turin) and on to Thursday and Friday in Cinque Terre. I've put highlights at the top of the post, so if you want to skip to a certain point scroll down till you see a bold title in all caps!

No comments:

Post a Comment